Welcome
Welcome to unofficialdistros

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Making Gentoo Puppy?

For ALL distros with some connection to Puppy

Making Gentoo Puppy?

Postby bulletfreak » Sun Sep 18, 2016 9:54 pm

We need this to be a thing. Anyone know how to achieve this glorious goal?
bulletfreak

Re: Making Gentoo Puppy?

Postby figosdev » Sun Sep 18, 2016 10:12 pm

i dont have enough cpus for that...

its a great idea. i presume youve tried slacko? not that its gentoo based.
figosdev
Site Admin

Postby jcjordyn120 » Tue Sep 20, 2016 10:17 pm

I think that portage is too complex for puppy, as puppy is meant to be light. But a gentoo puppy would be nice :)
jcjordyn120

Postby izi » Sat Feb 11, 2017 8:12 pm

Anyone know how to achieve this glorious goal?

drunk poster? trick question?
Someone was just being polite when replying "great idea"?
???
If Jimmy has 6 apples and Sally is exactly 4 inches taller than Jimmy, does magenta taste like a rainbow?
izi

Postby figosdev » Sun Feb 12, 2017 11:11 pm

izi wrote:drunk poster? trick question?
Someone was just being polite when replying "great idea"?

teenage guest from another forum. the question was probably sincere, but i doubt he returns. no one that came from that forum stayed.

its difficult to get a forum going-- next to the one im referring to, THIS is a bustling metropolis (proof that all things are relative.)

it will probably continue to be the "official" forum of fig os. its february now, and i was told there would be a new source this year, there usually isnt one until right before i start complaining that theyre stagnant. if i go check right now...

anyway, ive been doing more offline than online again. except for the blogging, thats going great. if wordpress had forums to go with their "websites" and blogs/comments, theyd outrank everything about this place. they probably have that plugin (for their free site i mean-- im sure people hosting their own already have one) secretly hidden in a carved out mountain. in the meantime, im grateful that people post here at all. since you do the most of that, im mostly referring to you.

i had hoped for a few more. i hope they show up before 2018, thatd be nice.

i havent abandoned any of the things i was working on here, as far as i know. but its not all development, its "promotion" and-- actual use. fig is a tool designed for teaching, and ive been (slowly) putting it towards that purpose. hooray!

this is still *the* support forum for the language and the distro, but more people ask how to use it on wp.

it also serves all those other purposes this forum is for-- thats always the case. but alas, for now those are mostly theoretical. mostly.
figosdev
Site Admin

Return to Puppy-related (remasters, woofs, etc.)